Gil Castillo, Jr, CRCP ®
Investment Advisor Representative
Gil Castillo is the Director, Retirement Plans at Platinum Wealth Solutions of Texas, LLC. He has over 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, providing business owners total retirement solutions to help secure retirement income for themselves and their employees.
As an advisor, Gil believes in a holistic approach to providing appropriate and suitable advice to business owners with employer sponsored retirement plans. He spends the necessary time with each client to reach a complete understanding of their concerns and goals, so that he can effectively assess their situations and recommend the appropriate financial solutions. He strives to bring together the right people at the outset and welcomes the opportunity to work with his client’s legal and tax advisors.
Prior to joining Platinum Wealth Solutions, Gil was a Retirement Plan Counselor at Capital Group American Funds and spent 21 years as a Wealth Advisor between SWBC Wealth Management and USAA Financial Planning Services.
- Wayland Baptist University - Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration
- Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor (CRPC®) Designation - College for Financial Planning
- Series 6, 63, 65, and 7
Awards and Achievements
- Bronze Star Medal - US Armed Forces
- Southwest Asia Service Medal - US Armed Forces
- Kuwait Liberation Medal - Emirate of Kuwait & The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Achievement Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster - US Army
- Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal - US Army
Memberships and Affiliations
- San Antonio Public Library Foundation -Executive Board Member
- San Antonio Livestock Exposition - Life Member
- Men’s A.C.T.S. Retreats - Volunteer
Gil is a San Antonio native and a proud Army Veteran who served his country in the Persian Gulf War. He continues to serve his community through his work with organizations such as San Antonio Public Library Foundation, San Antonio Livestock Exposition and his church’s Men’s ACTS retreats. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling and spending time with his wife Michelle.